ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning systems) are the most commonly used category belonging to business software. Since they leverage resources management, there is a need to coexist with different business solutions dedicated to various businesses, like PPM systems.
During a few times, in ITM Platform, we are going to receive a number of integration requests from a few clients.
It would have to suggest needed improvements to solve data discrepancy problems existing between finance department and commerce divisions.
They are going to affect sensitive data such as bonus calculations at the end of the year.
The major problem would be with the business software.
Notifications only about new new blog post updates.
The information flow has to be regulated between the company’s PPM system and the ERP system. The results might be harder to estimate with regards to the bills, internal and external costs.
Hence a PPM system should act as the entry point for all the organization’s projects oriented information so that PPM project’s financial data would be ruling over ERP. There wouldn’t be any disagreements with regards to ERP integration and project management software.
It has been observed that each company would have a number of use cases along with specific necessities.
These steps can be followed for the successful ERP and PPM system integration.
1. Each of the system would perform its job: There should be limitations with Data integration as to how it can operate. The integration shouldn’t be more complex. On the other hand, you goals should be to avoid data divergence, work duplication and promote transparency.
2. Share the necessary information: You cannot risk any black boxes while dealing with corporate atmosphere. But there should be limitations with the kind of information you are going to share. It should be extremely transparent and informative with high productivity cost. This is the reason why you shouldn’t send ERP more data on the project than what is necessary while carrying out more financial and administrative control tasks.
3. Choose a flexible PPM: Many PPM systems are only sending aggregated information on project costs, this can hinder project costs allocation to various items. Your ITM Platform can provide information with regards to the open API.
4. Don’t force: Your project managers needn’t adopt the projects’ module of your ERP. Your ERP should be in charge of different administration and PPM can face all these needs of complexity and flexibility.
5. Encourage collaboration around projects and the standardization within ERP: With every technological integration process, there would be change management and human components involved. The project experts should find it easy to work on it.
Every business has to look for ways to streamline their business processes with PPM system integration.
SAP PPM is one of the modules in SAP S/4HANA that can be implemented.
Many consultants have been working on this since a long time back when it was under “Resource & Portfolio Management’ and ‘Development Projects’ .
That’s why all the vital database tables would be starting with “DPR”. It also turned out into a single product from PPM5.0 as of ECC. SAP PPM could also stand separately in a system that has been separated right from ECC.
These are the distinctive SAP PPM features:
Need more thoughts? Contact iQuantM.
back to all 2 Minute Read Share Post: Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter Share on pinterest Share on whatsapp Every CFO